Spinal and Sports Care appreciates how the function of your feet and legs, during walking and running, can relate to the rest of the body. Its understanding is pivotal when treating conditions such as heel pain, shin splints, bunions, big toe joint pain, knee pain and some hip and lower back pain.
Whether you are an active person, athlete or weekend warrior, our philosophy is to manage the effect that the foot has on the entire body and believe that foot function is paramount to posture and the human kinetic chain.
We manage foot and lower limb pathology by:
- Addressing muscular imbalances, joint restrictions/malalignment with appropriate strengthening/stretching exercises and mobilisations pertinent to the feet.
- Using soft/flexible orthotics.
- Giving advice on specific sports shoes or orthopaedic footwear.
- Referring out to appropriate medical specialists.
- Hip/Pelvic and Lumbo-Sacral mobilizations and adjustments
At Spinal and Sports Care, our practitioners use a combination of the most advanced podiatry technologies to fully assess foot and lower limb conditions and treat simple problems to complex athletic issues and serve to compliment our treatment and strengthening programs.
We treat using hands on assessments and taping combined with the latest computer technology; this includes pressure plate analysis, gait analysis, and 3D optical scanning.
Getting back on track from injury is as important to us as it is to you. Coming from elite sporting backgrounds, we understand the frustration and pain suffered with lower limb injury for active people, athletes and weekend warriors alike
How do I know if I need orthotics?
Orthotics can be used to assist in the healing of:
- localised foot pain
- bunions, hammer toes
- arch and heel pain
- leg and knee pain
- hip and back pain
Fascinating Foot Facts:
- Women have 4-times the foot problems of men.
- Fancy, ill-fitting footwear is the main reason for this.
- More than 75% of people will experience foot problems in their lifetime.
To find out more about our consultation process, please go to Spinal and Sports Care or make an appointment online.
Phone (02) 9683 1110